Thank you very much for your interest in our website. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Therefore, we should like to inform you here about data protection in our company. Naturally we comply with the statutory provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG)), the Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz (TMG)) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), among other data protection regulations.
Please also see our Privacy of Personal Information Statement
Personal Information: Collection and Processing of Data
- If you access the Internet website www.Jordahl.ca or download data from this website, we will store and process information about these events in a log file. This process takes place anonymously. It is not possible to draw any conclusions as to your person and/or identify you.
- The following information is stored: Your IP address, date and time of website access, the page accessed or the name of the file retrieved, the data volume transmitted and the message as to whether the access/retrieval was successful.
- These data will not be used for commercial purposes. The analysis of these data is used solely for the preparation of statistics and the improvement of our internet presence. For this purpose we will prepare user profiles by means of a pseudonym. No connection will be made between the person covered by the pseudonym and the usage data collected. Following this usage, your data will be deleted. Any permanent storage is excluded. You may object at any time to this data collection, storage and processing.
- This processing for analyzing user behavior is effected by means of Google Analytics. You may object to any such data use and processing by using the deactivation add-on tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For data collection and storage we also use so-called cookies. Cookies are small data packets that your browser stores in your terminal device at our request. They do not cause any damage there. They do not contain any viruses and do not permit us to spy on you. Two types of cookies are used. Temporary cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (session cookies). Permanent cookies provide allow you to be recognized when you access our website again after having previously closed it. Using these cookies allows us to follow and understand your usage behavior for the above-mentioned purposes and to the corresponding extent. Additionally, they are to provide you with an optimized surfing experience on our website. These data, too, are only collected in an anonymized or pseudonymized form. You can adjust the settings of your Internet browser such that our cookies cannot be stored on your terminal device or such that cookies already stored will be deleted.
Usage and Disclosure: The scope of data collection and storage
In general, it is not necessary for the use of our Internet website that you provide any personal data. However, so as to ensure that we can actually provide our services, we may need your personal data. This applies when information material is to be sent out as well as with regard to answering individual enquiries.
If you order the provision of any services or goods from us, we collect and store your personal data as a matter of principle only inasmuch as this is necessary for providing the service. For this purpose it may be necessary to pass on your personal data to companies we use to provide any such service or in the processing of contracts. These are e.g. transport companies or any other service companies. If we perform one of the acts described below or otherwise or render services, we want to collect and store your personal data, and we will request your express approval at the corresponding point on our website:
- Forwarding of the newsletter
- Forwarding of brochures
- Participation in promotional games
Following full completion of contract processing, your data will be blocked and then deleted on expiry of the applicable taxation and commerce regulations, if you have not expressly approved any data use going beyond this application.
If you have registered for our newsletter by using your email address, we will continue to use your email address beyond the execution of the contract for our own advertising purposes until you cancel your subscription to our newsletter.
Data collection as a result of using Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". Then it deals with text files stored on your computer, allowing an analysis of your use of the website. Information collected includes for example information on the operating system, browser, IP address, the website accessed previously by you (referrer URL) and date and time of your visit to our website. The information generated by this text file with regard to the usage of our website will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information in order to evaluate your usage of our website, to prepare reports on website activities for the owners of the website and in order to provide associated services in connection with web site and Internet usage. Inasmuch as this has been prescribed by law, or if any third parties have been commissioned by Google to process these data, Google will also pass on this information to such third parties. This use is affected in an anonymized or pseudonymized form. More detailed information is provided directly by Google http://www.google.com/intl/de/privacypolicy.html#information
Your right to information and withdrawal
You may receive information about your data stored with us at any time, free of charge and without giving any reasons. You can ask at any time for your data collected by us to be blocked, corrected or deleted. Also, you may cancel at any time and without giving reasons the approval you granted us for the collection and use of your data. For this purpose, please contact us at the address given in the legal details section.
We shall be happy at any time to answer any further questions you may have with regard to our information on data protection and the processing of your personal data.